- Type: Mini drone with HD camera
- Measures: length 143 x width 143 x height 55 mm
- Weight: 300 g
- Speed in flight: 50 km / h in Sport mode
- Autonomy: 16 minutes (real autonomy of 10 minutes)
- Control: Smartphone / Radio control / Gesture arm
- Maximum range: 2 km with remote control / 110 m with smartphone
- Camera: Full HD, 12 megapixels. Lens FOV 81.9 ° 25 mm and Full HD resolution: 1920 × 1080 30 fps
- Battery capacity: 1480 mAh
- Battery charge time: 30 min
- Available colors: white, blue, yellow, red, green
- Recording support: microSD provided
- Intuitive, and good ergonomics.
- Small and light, it holds in the palm of the hand!
- I found it suitable for people like me, having never piloted a drone.
- Deployable quickly, it can fly quickly.
- Full HD quality, good quality.
- Many functions:
- Avoidance of obstacles
- Pre-recorded course
- Return to Home
- Vision positioning system
- Subject follow-up
- In Gesture mode, you have to be very precise in your movements for the drone to execute and recognize the movements. Gesture mode is only applicable when taking pictures, and not available on video.
- The box to carry it, is really not convenient. It’s like a large CD player, it has no place for the charger, and especially you can not put the drone if it has the propeller protectors.
- Real autonomy of 10 minutes and not 16. The battery runs very fast if it’s windy, or if the temperatures are low.
- The camera settings are not saved automatically: when changing the battery, you have to reset all settings …
- When driving with the phone alone, you might lose the signal …
- The performance of Spark in low light is very limited.
- Ergonomics: 9/10
- Speed: 9/10
- Autonomy: 6/10
- Practicality: 9/10
- Transport: 6/10
The Spark’s camera
The DJI Spark is the smallest drone in the DJI range. It is even smaller than the Mavic Pro, and more compact. Regarding its weight, it’s not able to shoot in 4K, but in Full HD 1080p.
It is equipped with a 12 megapixel camera, a 1 / 2.3 wide sensor lens and a mechanically stabilized nacelle on 2 axes.
For this drone there is no 3-axis nacelle: even if the 3rd axis is actually already stabilized thanks to the internal software of the drone, we still get a relatively reliable stability if the winds are not too strong.
Available in 5 colors !
Smart modes Quickshot
- Rocket: the drone flies to follow a vertical straight line and film from above.
- Drone: The Spark moves away a distance you set beforehand, while shooting a fixed target. This mode makes very cinematic shots.
- Circle: The drone films a fixed target while turning around.
- Helix: The drone films a fixed target while turning around, but moves away gradually with each rotation, as if to make a spiral. I recommend this smart mode compared to the circle, because in my opinion the rendering is more pleasant, and less jerky.